Monday, August 28, 2006

Sept 8th, GAME in Hwajung

Sherrie who plays with us from time to time is inviting us to play her team that plays in Hwajung. Hwajung is North West of the city, on the orange line # 3. The game is from 9-11pm on Friday, September 8th. If you are ineterested in playing, leave a comment here or better yet, email rmtchiefs@gmail.com

New !! Directions to Hwajung rink

By subway:Option 1: Orange line #3 to Wondang station (317) and go left out the exit. Walk up the hill going away from the intersection. Cross the street using the pedestrian overpass. At the first set of lights you come upon turn right. Walk down, less than 5 minutes, and you will see the big complex on your right. The Starsands ice rink is at the end of the main walkway on the left. We play on the B1 ice surface, so take the elevator down. Approx. 15 minutes walking total.
Option 2: Orange line #3 to Hwajeong station (316) and take the Kookmin Bank exit (not sure of the number). There's a taxi stand on that side of the street. Tell the Goyang taxi driver to go to "Olym ice rink". It should take less than 5 minutes to get there, so if it's taking more time then they've gone the wrong way. The Starsands ice rink is at the end of the main walkway on the left. We play on the B1 ice surface, so take the elevator down.The sports complex has a huge soccer field with big lights so it's hard to miss

Dooo it !

Tbone #3

In so far are:
Tbone
Frazier
Tommy
Lee
Spark
Rene
Terry (Goal)
Steve'o
Gerry
Marc Roberts ( heeee's baaaack)
Big "D" Darren
Isaiah
Rexi

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might just be able to play in that game now that I think about it. Let you know later this week though.

T-bone said...

Ok Aaron.

Anonymous said...

Come on Karl, it's close to home.

SeaBass said...

i can't go....i'd like to but i can't

Anonymous said...

I guess my only question is "What are we doing after?"

Anonymous said...

I should be able to make it, if someone grabs the goalie for me. I get off work at 7 and it is 60 minutes by subway. Let me know if someone can help me.-Terry

Anonymous said...

Count me in for the game too Tbone, or Sparky or Karl, whoever is counting up the Chiefs all in a row...

Is there going to be body checking in this game??? Because I don't want to get hit my those *@#&^%$(&%$# M.I.B.s... Oh, maybe they won't have M.I.B.s at this place!!!!
Rene.

Anonymous said...

Well, turns out I can't play. This whole moving thing is getting in the way of that. If anything changes, I will let you know.

SeaBass said...

Is it a waygook team or a korean team?

Anonymous said...

Korean team

Tbone

Anonymous said...

Hey Terry, as far as I know, Tommy spoke up last sunday. I'll check it out.
Tbone

Anonymous said...

Hi Chiefs,
I hope you guys can round up enough people to come out for a game since I'm so bored of practicing.
It's a Korean team (+1 waygook - me) and they can get pretty competitive so you might need to watch out for some body checks. I wouldn't say that it's a skilled team but we might be able to hold our own for a little bit. Apparently our goalie used to play with you guys. He said his nickname was "Whitey".
There are a few busy areas to go drinking at after the game if you decide to stick around Ilsan. Hwajeong or Jeongbalsan both have bar districts.
Hope to see you guys out on the 8th.

Cherie

SeaBass said...

if you guys go out around the rink (ilsan) after the game i'll come join yeah

T-bone said...

Hey Cherie,
Thanks for that comment. That lets people know a bit more. And Whitey!!?? Oh yes I know him well. Good!
We'll have enough for a good match I think....excited!
Tbone

Anonymous said...

Disregard my Message T-bone. I'm still good to go for the game.

Anonymous said...

Who the hell is this Steve O guy. Must be new i guess.

Anonymous said...

What color are we Friday?-Terry

T-bone said...

No idea..always bring 2...

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little nervous about the game today. Please don't spank us too badly. If anyone gets lost or needs anything my phone number is 010-2205-3437.
See you tonight.

Cherie