Monday, August 28, 2006

M.I.B.'s 11, Chiefs 0


Today being Monday, means that yesterday was Sunday. That means we had hockey! We had a good crew show up Sunday morning (some earlier than others.....haha) Man, it just makes the day so much better when we have numbers! We had three on each bench, which is perfect for a good skate.
I can only comment on what happened on the ice from about 8:30 onwards...My drunken roommate and inebriated stairwell troll, took their time to get rolling to the rink. Once on the ice it seemed like a pretty good match up until I received a perfect pass from Lee, that cleared my stick by a foot after hitting an M.I.B. (Mokdong Ice Bump) The M.I.B's would play a key role in Sunday's game, acquiring over half of the points I would say. As many said, it was like playing pond hockey out there. Not only did the M.I.B's have a huge amount of points for both sides...they were out in full force taking out skaters. I saw Craig get taken down about three times, Karl, Spark, Steve, Rowe and myself. The BUMP with the most THUMP however, went to bump number 132, when it took Darren, Big 'D' down. Ouch! That was a hard fall !! But He was good to go for a few beers after the game though. I just wonder why he kept smelling burnt toast and calling us all by the name Emily...I assume you're ok Darren....haha
The Whites would take it to the reds for a good part of this match-up with a last quarter rally by the whites. Rene and Tommy played as well as they could considering they had a line of MIB's waiting to tip every puck.
After the skate many joined Birthday boy Karl, for some za at Pizza Hut, followed by a few cool brews at the Family Mart. Good times! Wish I could have stayed and went for the record 11 hours at a convince store.
Good to see new faces again on the ice. All are welcome, and for those who have been with us a while...make them feel welcome. Having three on the bench is better than three on the ice !
See you Sunday! Bring your MIB scrapers, or Aaron G will be pissed!!
Your three stars are
#3 new skaters!!
#2 Puke and Play, Trevor Rowe
#1 M.I.B # 132

later,
Tbone #3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done

SeaBass said...

Ayyyeeeiiii...those bumps were deadly. A little note: we still don't know our icetimes for next month and we still have room in our yearly hockey pool.

Anonymous said...

I'm ok.. no more burnt toast smell.My neck is stiff but nothing that some Kimchi won't take care of!

Anonymous said...

Solid write up T-Bone! Lets all take two seconds to say "Thank Fuck" nobody lost an eye or some chickets on Sunday. As for Trevor Rowe...your taking an addiction to a new level bud!!!You got my vote for a star on Sunday!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those bumps suck ass!

I always notice them build-up in front of my crease at the one end I'm on whenever we play against y'all over there.

M.I.B.'s fuckin' SUCK!

(They're almost as bad as the Incheon Board Gutters.)

T-bone said...

Ahh MIB's VS IBG's alwaya a good battle !

Tbone