Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Talking of tournaments


There is a tournament happening in Singapore from March 1st to the 4th 2007 (that's Thursday to Sunday). Thursday, March 1st is a holiday in Korea so it would require that you take one day off of work.

The tournament will be 4 on 4 hockey. A team of 8 skaters plus a goalie would be enough. I don’t know how competitive it would be but it would be hockey in Singapore.

Nothing is planned as of yet for this is simply a feeler to see how many bites we get. Kyle the Hawk is presently living in Singapore and he said that a cheap place could be found for $30-40/ night. The tournament fees would probably be about 200 000 won each and the airfare is usually about 600 000won.

If you're interested in heading out to Singapore post something up in the comment section of this post and we'll see what happens.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definently interested, but need to see if work will allow it.

-Terry

Anonymous said...

If we go, I am 100% in.

-Terry

Anonymous said...

I just checked and can get a plane ticket. Would need to book soon. I would be in. When will you know?

John Morris

Anonymous said...

i am interested sounds like a good time


matt bell

Anonymous said...

I will check my schedule when I get back, but if I can get the time off I would like to go to this tournament.

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Just booked my plane ticket. I am in for sure-hopefully we'll have a team!!!

John Morris

Anonymous said...

would be interested. pls keep me posted. Aaron Allinson

SeaBass said...

looks like a bunch of people want to go and some rmt guys may be interested in hooking up a team also...i'd say that if most people who says they are interested actually commit to going then this tourney is a go...that is IF most who say they will go actually commit. as of now we have commitments from

kyle hawkins
terry the glove GOALIE
john morris

and possibilities from Sparky, Matt Bell, Ryan and Aaron Allinson. Anybody else up for this?

SeaBass said...

Looks like if you want in this tourney you will need to tell Terry, who has taken the helms, by Monday (at the latest).

Anonymous said...

My email is theglove29@msn.com and my phone # is (010) 6380-0188. Get back to me ASAP if you want to go. Kyle will be having a BBQ the first night and we are guaranteed at least 4 games and the tourney banquet at the end. I am getting the flight and hotel info, but need confirmations from people. The tourney fee is $125 each, I will need that next week from those going.
-Terry

Anonymous said...

We got me, Kyle Hawkins, John Morris, Lexi, and Sparky so far. That is one line, still need 4 more skaters!!! Giddy up!!!!!
-Terry

Anonymous said...

I'm look'n good. Cleared the main hurdle (wife), now justhave to deal with pesky job.

Tall Paul

Anonymous said...

OK, looks like we almost got a team together. So far; me, Kyle, John, Lexi, Sparky, Matt Bell are in. Almost in, are: T Bone, Tall Paul, and Ryan C. Maybe in: Aaron Allison and Cole. I will find out tomorrow on airline tickets. Please, for those of you still not 100%, let me know ASAP!!!!
-Terry

SeaBass said...

Best of luck out in Pore BOYZ