Monday, January 15, 2007

A message from your captain


Hello Chiefs,
Happy New Year. It's been a while since I've sat at the computer and fired off a Chief's email. My jet lag is all gone and I have a few minutes between wedding plans, so here we go.

NEWS
In Chiefs news we've played the Seoul Maple Leafs two weekends in a row and have had, in Borat's words, "Great success!" We play them again this Sunday at an astonishing 7am. We've got most of our last team interested in it, but if you want to play let us know.

We were not supposed to have an ice time this Sunday, but they asked us to join theirs' so, no complaints on the time. Early hockey is better than no hockey!!!

MONGOLIA
There is the Ullan Batarr, Mongolian hockey tournament next month. We have sent a team for the past two years and it would be great to keep that chilly tradition alive. It is a very fun,well run outdoor tournament in a country that takes nothing but vodka for granted. It is truly a country and tournament to be seen. The flight
leaves Wednesday,February 14th and you would return Monday, February 19th. I flew,drank, ate, played and shopped all I could for 1mill. You could too!

SINGAPORE

In March, we have got enough to hit up our first tournament in Singapore! Flight leaving Feb 28th and returning March 4th. This is a 4 on 4 tourney and looks to be a good time. Those who are going,you must have a Chiefs jersey and Terry needs your money this week. It's time to try and "score in the pore"! Singapore!! This tourney also sees the Chief's founder return to the team. Kyle "the Hawk" Hawkins
will be on the roster. Watch out ! Baaa kaaaaaa!!

WEDNESDAYS AND GAMES
We continue to have Wednesday evening pick up and look forward to good attendance. If you want in our games, attendance is important. This Wednesday is a 2 hour slot from 9-11pm. Be there! There tends to be a bit of buzzz about leagues and new tourneys in Korea, having skaters come out on a regular basis is so necessary if
this is to ever happen.

MONEY MONEY MONEY
There are still some who owe the kitty (now in an embryo tic state)money for jerseys. I realise I was away and I may have your jersey. Well I'm back and can give you your jersey, if you give me some won.

I guess that's all for now. The bottom line is..come on out and play folks! Don't think you'd be getting this email if you didn't think hockey was fun! See you on the ice or in the bar.

Your engaged Captain,

T-Bone # 3

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the Sunday game at 7am.
Ryan C

Anonymous said...

I am 100% in for Mongolia. I am not there so, can someone please keep me up to date on what is going one with that trip?
Tommy

Anonymous said...

Don't think it's gonna happen Tommy. Singapore this year.

SeaBass said...

YO YO YO

it's 9:30 ~ 11:00 this Wednesday not two hours...

Anonymous said...

I am in for this Sunday at... holy shit!... at 7 am
Grigory

Anonymous said...

ARGH...Last time I played hockey there were about 15 people interested in going to Mongolia. It is an easy time to get people to go, since some of us have that time off already. There were so many people wanting to go that we were talking about having two teams. No one wants to go now? It truly annoys me that I am not there to do anything about this.
P.S. How can you destroy my dreams you anonymous bastard!
DOWN WITH THE ANONYMI BASTAGES!!!
Tommy "mostly just kidding" =)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Tommy, I would have done Mongolia... BUT, Singapore, Tommy, SINGAPORE!!! Couldn't do both...
Rene "Even I have limits" Boucher.

Anonymous said...

Since my school starts on March 1st, that is when my limit is.
Tommy