Friday, September 15, 2006

Who's In???

We are now opening registration for the tourney.


WE ARE FULL!!!!!!

but
some people may bail so we will now start a sub list....actually, i'm almost positive some people will bail. Still, the green light for the draft this Saturday has been given. Captains, it is now time to think of drafting strategy. We will fill you in on who's who as best we can in coming posts.


If you want to play you should register in the comment section. You will need to write your name and desired position (F, D or G).
We don't have the actual ice times as of yet so keep in mind that it could be a three hour block anytime between 7am and 2pm. We have booked the three hour block but they could not give us our actual ice times as of yet.





For those of you who STILL don't know how to
leave a comment on this blog, here following is an easy to follow 5 steps instructional guide:

1. Click on "comment"
2. (a little window pops-up)
3. Write your comment
4. Where it says 'Choose an identity'... pick 'Anonymous'
5. Click on 'publish post'

and voila! technology at it's best.
Of course, everyone and anyone are welcome to join this tournament.

But take note, this will be a competitive tournament and the pace will be much faster than our Sunday shinny times. Players will not be given any chances with the puck. There will be no free breakaways. It will be rougher. It's still amongst friends and there will be no real contact and there will be no fighting but everyone will be playing to win. I just mention this so people who register know that if you are a high level player, a low level player, if you can skate like the wind or haven't learned to stop....it's all the same: people will knock you on your arse!! But then again, with two games in a row maybe half the team will be crouched over the garbage can...


::::::::::Registered Players::::::::::::
We have 42 spots available
3 lines
2 sets of dmen
1 goalie
this is a maximum per team - we will probably have less

Number
Name Position
#3 Tbone F
#15 Aaron Geddes F
#?? Fraze FD

# 10 Karl F
#?? Tommy G
#29 Terry G
(conditional on him not missing any more games)
#46 Rene G
#?? TPaul D
#?? Kim (and maybe plus one) D
#64 Darren F
#69 Lexi F
#19 Steve FG
#11 Roberts D
#91 Sparky FG
#?? Trevor Rowe F

#?? Scrawny Corey F
#?? Matt Bell F
#14 Aaron A. F
#?? Bill F
#?? Isaiah F

#18 (#82) Jay Lee F
#?? John Morris F
#?? Jack F
#2 Wayne (i think 2 is available) D
#17 Gerry D
#?? Steve Hawkins D (sorry Day has 24)

#?? DJ Sherman ?
#77 Louis F
#?? Hee-Joon D

#86 Tom Daniel F
#20 Farmer Darren D
#60 Grigory F
#24 Corry Day F

#?? Daniel S. ?
#13 Craig D
#?? Cole ?
#?? Jack's friend ?
#?? Jack's friend #2
#?? Jack's friend # 3
#?? Clay
#?? Kim's friend G? he's still a big question mark
#7 Ryan Cassavant F



We will be using our red and whites until our new jerseys are ready.

:::::::::: CHIEFS News FLASH :::::::::::::

Paul A. cannot make it to the tourney and we couldn't find anyoen else who wanted to be a captain so, to make it fair, the goalies will now be captains.

39 comments:

T-bone said...

Oh I'm in !! Go my team!!!

Anonymous said...

No, go my team!! Je suis dans!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I will be F

SeaBass said...

Oh I be in for this tourney

Go Team ...man we gotta get this draft done
#10 F

Anonymous said...

I can make the first game on the 22nd if it is at 7am. -Terry

Anonymous said...

I'm in. If I can drag myself away from slingbox long enough. 3 hours?! What about donations for auction?
Tall Paul

Anonymous said...

I'm in for sure!!! BTW, my number is 46, as in, he's 46 years old. I always get my age put on my shirts, so that I can remember what year I got the jersey in... Us old fogies need reminders like that sometimes...
"The puck stops here" Rene.

T-bone said...

Paul do you have something to donate? No diapers! Oh and I'm # 3 Karl.

T-bone said...

and, go my team!!

Anonymous said...

#14 Aaron A.

Anonymous said...

I'm in of course. Don't worry about being an old fogie Rene you've kept up to us young kids during the hunt yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Will this tourny be broadcasted on TSN of ESPN? Gotta watch something when I go home.

Anonymous said...

I think we'll have a spot on HNIC if our tribal council exerts its influence.

Anonymous said...

I am no mathematician or anything, but something just doesn't add up. You guys say a max of 2 lines and 2 d-men per team, with a goalie. But doesn't that limit the tournament to 33 players?

SeaBass said...

ahh two sets of d men...

SeaBass said...

that would be 4 dmen on each team plus ten forwards plus one goalie so that makes 15 players per team and we have three teams so that would make it a grand total of 45 players

Anonymous said...

I'm in.
#82(#18 for new jersey, if possible) Jay L. F

Anonymous said...

I'm in.
?? DEF.(#2 or #3 for new jersey's if possible) Wayne.

Anonymous said...

10 forwards on a team is a hell of a lot.

SeaBass said...

ahhhhh man...i think we miscalculated the number of players on the team...ayyeiii...by one
so we actually have 42 spots open not 45...forwards (9) dmen (4) goalies (1) that's 14 players per team not 15... that's the MAX. we probably will have less than that.

SeaBass said...

we need about 28 guys to sign up to break even (depending on how much refs and scoreboard costs) and that's with no party at the end. plus, we still haven't included the cost of the trophy.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. If we only have 3 lines and 4 D, then that is fine. There are still a bunch of people that are not on the list that will probably be playing too. Steve H. and Ryan aren't on there yet.

SeaBass said...

Ae they playing?? they haven't confirmed their entrance as of yet

Anonymous said...

#? DJ Sherman

Anonymous said...

#24 - Steve Hawk...if I can't come up with the 70 bills, I'll have to make like a Korean and ask my wife to increase my allowance...wouldn't and couldn't miss the chance to REPEAT!

SeaBass said...

dj sherman and steven hawkins have both been registered...steve's number 24 has also been claimed (hope nobody else has it.) we are now down to 15 spots...

Anonymous said...

Louis (Yoongu JUNG) is playing for the forward.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I'm in. I want #19. And I'be at defense.

-JangYeon, Park-

Anonymous said...

I'm in. #86 F Tom Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hi Chiefs fellow! It Looks like I am going to come back to Korea. After some period of silence - first what I want to say is - "I am in." #... #60 on my old Chief's jerseys,
play F.

And I will be just very very happy to see all you guys again.
Grigory.

ryhor.a@gmail.com

SeaBass said...

grigory you're in

Anonymous said...

There's been some weird math going on in here... I know that I'm an old fogie, but 2 forward lines and 2 sets of D-men and a goalie makes for 11 players where I'm from... NOT 14 players... Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! 2 plus 2 can equal 5 if you have large quantities of 2...
Rene "Einstein" Boucher.

Anonymous said...

By the way, thanks Big D. I feel better now that I kept up with the rest of the crew for the scavenger hunt... Better than someone much younger that dropped out verrrry early, I might add! Ha, ha, ha!!!!

SeaBass said...

we will have 3 forward lines two sets of dmen so that makes 9+4+1=14 14x3=42players

Anonymous said...

This is the 2nd post just to make sure.
Ryan is in for the tourny.
position= forward or defense(if in a bind)

SeaBass said...

ryan you're registered

Anonymous said...

AND THAT"S THAT!!!! Y"ALL GOING DOWN!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know Rene, he got our message loud and clear i'm sure! You're never too old to go on a Drinking Scavenger hunt through the murky and sometimes interesting depths of Itaewon!

Anonymous said...

I posted my number for the jersey orders but I'll post it again.

#7 Ryan which I claimed from Scotty "too hotty" Vanslyke III of Yorkshire.